'57-'62 Imperial

I think the '61 Imperials style was done to compete with the wild for it's day 1959 Cadillac. Chrysler was just a little slow getting around to it, which is why I stated in a previous post that the '61 Imperial should have been introduced in 1959. If you want to take it a step further, I think the '60 Imperial should have been produced before the '57 through '59 style. It has always looked like an older version of this styling type, and the '57 through '59 look more refined. The '60 has always reminded me of the '57 Cadillac which had very similar fins, only more pronounced. This is the era of Imperial I loved the most, but the '60 with the smiley face and humpback fins never set well with me. Then came the '61 which was totally wild, but I like it. I always liked the '59 Caddy also, and along with the '61, they are the only two Caddy's I ever liked. Who can account for peoples tastes?

Bill '59 Crown