Ancillary Device Install and Adjustment

Hi Bruce,
I recently did a timing chain job on my '72 440 motor. To align the various
ancillary devices, a long, largish screwdriver can be inserted through one
of the mounting holes in the mounting bracket, and then into the bolt hole
on the pump/device/block. Some manipulation will bring the part into
position to thread a bolt into place.
.
At some point on the face of the PS & H2O pump's tensioner mounting
brackets, there will be a square hole, either 3/8 or 1/2 inch large whereby
a like sized ratchet or breaker bar w/socket fitting can be inserted and
then pulled to tension the installed belt. These square holes exist for this
purpose. I'm not acquainted with a newer motor to know if there is an air
pump on your's.

A harmonic balancer puller was handy for this job, otherwise standard tools
were sufficient.

Eric
'63 Crown Four-Door
'72 Newport Custom Sedan

>>>When I replace my timing chain, various
belt-driven items have to come off first.  Is there
some trick to R/R these devices