Another white wall cleaner

Does anyone remember "Frye's White Wall Cleaner"? It hasn't been available for
years, but it was the best! I think it was taken off the market because it was
very volatile, but it worked wonders on my tires.

Paul

In a message dated 1/20/2004 8:37:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
65luxuryliner@xxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I subscribe to a great publication, Auto Restorer, and a 'helpful hint' was
>offered in one of the columns devoted to readers experiences with products as
>well as their own concoctions.  One subscriber wrote he had achieved excellent
>results removing the yellow from white walls with carburetor cleaner!  I tried
>it and, believe it or not, it worked like a charm.  I buy any brand from the
>auto parts store up the street from where our cars are stored.  I spray some
>on a shop towel (not the orange cloth ones but the heavy duty paper towel type
>- usually blue in color) and wipe in ONE direction continuously.  I stop,
>spray some more, and continue around the white wall.  It may take some time
>and effort if the tires are really yellowed.  I might even try an S.O.S. pad
>first to get off the top layer of yellow.  But the carb. cleaner really works
>and keeps the walls snowy white.  Once they start to yellow, I have not had
>any luck getting them back to white with the
> Wesley's product.
>
> Greg McDonnell
> '65 Crown convertible
"\ܢdɞƠ{&jSX^jǫzrXX)znm&jwrzhǰY[zZp^w+ڵ鞲ƠzƧumifz{l~)ڶ.ޱnf⚗\ܢdPԔ
   !)znm&칻&ކ