Designer of Chrysler logo

Bill:

You are correct on the introduction of the Pentastar. The man who was in charge of the new logo was Fran Cogsdill at Chrysler. I believe there is a great story on the logo in the Ward's 1964 annual -- at least that's what I remember.

Just as an aside: Fran was the man who went across the street from his home in a Detroit suburb and asked a recently fired Ford executive if he'd like to work at Chrysler. The neighbor, if you haven't already guessed, was Lee Iacocca. The rest is history.

Sherwood Kahlenberg