61 Imp on ebay, Now there are two!!!

Hey everyone, now there are two '61 coupes on e-bay and the new one looks like a very good candidate for restoration, buy both!  The first one if you notice has the rear window trim sitting on the front seat.  What that indicates to me is that the rear window is also totally rotted out as that would explain the rotted out trunk floor as well.  I would expect to find lots of rust in the lower front fenders too.  Since nobody but Kerry is making replacement sheetmetal for these cars you would have a real project on your hands.  The ad also says the trunk lip is rotted out.  If you look closely you can see the first car was originally white and has a turqouise interior.  The same as the second car!  Maybe they are meant to be together.  I was really upset when my '60 LeCrown arrived and its condition was way better than either of these.  I hope some one in the club will buy them but beware.  Even if you do all the work yourself I think you would be talking $15,000 easy.  Even this latest car looks pretty rough but it is so much a better candidate for restoration than the first.  These cars obviously are not for anyone who is "tired or restoration".  It will be very interesting to see how the bidding goes.

Richard Burgess
'60 "LeCrown"

Henry Hopkins <hhrp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Read over comments of others so decided to look again.  Looks good to me.  Yes, there is rust and holes in trunk floor, but just the floor.  Right rear fender surround looks solid.  Left rear looks bad but not hopeless.  It has AC.  If it's there that's worth a good deal of the current bid right there.  Interior looks pretty decent.

More than a parts car to me.  Front end looks very straight.  Notice around the trunk lid.  Not rusted out at lower corners.  That's a real plus.  Has a flite sweep deck lid.

Okay, enough.  I admit my glasses are rosy colored when it comes to 61's but looks like a worthy resto. project to me.

Henry Hopkins, Richmond, CA

Do you Yahoo!?