the moderns

Quoting Joe Bachan <jbachan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

> Ouch! as a bean counter who runs a buisness that hurt!

I hope you don't run a business that designs/produces any type of machines.  It
would be hard to run the business if you do not deeply understand how the
machines your company designs work.  I believe that you have to have an
engineering degree to efficiently run such a business.  This is what I think is
wrong with much of the US industry now, including the auto.

> that go a long way with no required maint.(my wife's
> 97 chrysler has rolled 100K and only needed tires and
> brakes)few if any of the older car can claim these
> types of worry free runs.

Many old cars would have been able to easily handle 100K miles within 6 only
years w/ no problems .  Remember, its not only miles, its the miles/years
combination that tests the reliability of the car.  Let's see where the 97 will
be in 2027.  The crush zones and such have been discussed before.
D^2