Attn: '61-63 Instrument Cluster Guru's

Ah, the wonderment of figuring out what some past person has done, an
automotive CSI in the making here. I removed the instrument cluster in my
recently acquired '63 Crown Four-Door to find a couple of unusual items.

There is a condenser shaped and sized device that was in a holder that was
mounted behind the right nut holding the clock in. This condenser has a
black female connector on the end of it. The FSM instrument cluster page
doesn't come thru very clearly, but I don't show mention of any condenser to
the temp gauge. I'm picturing this condenser connecting to the dual tanged
connector on the back of the temp gauge. This deduction comes from the fact
that there is a black wire on that 2nd tang w/what looks like a non-orig
connector. This apparent newly installed wire goes to nothing else, dead
ending w/a similar newer connector end. Is it likely someone was attempting
to revive a temp gauge, not realizing this condenser was unplugged?

The wiring harness to the 2 right gauges has a red wire cut at the end of
the harness tape wrapping. Being the FSM instrument cluster page isn't
copied as clearly as the other pages, I can't quite make out where this wire
goes yet, still working on tracing this down. There is also a very thin
black strand of rubber hose in this harness that seens to be cut off. Maybe
this is a wire tracer?

In a spare instrument cluster I have partially apart, there are a few small
rubber holders or spacers. They are small squarish blocks w/a channel thru
them. It looks like they could hold in the EL sticks or be a spacer of some
sort. Also, a rectangular strip of rubber came out of the assembly, about
3/4x1''. This cluster had been apart before and these parts loose in the
unit, I think. This was my 1st opening of one of these, not sure where these
2 different items are placed.

I'd appreciate a word of guidence from some '61-61 instrument cluster folk
out there. Thank you.

Eric
Portland, Or