Need a fuel sender unit for 60 Imp

please consider trying further adjustment/bleeding before doing a conversion.
This topic has come up before, and many that are familiar with the brakes feel that they are adequate if set up properly.  These adjust differently than some other drum cars' brakes, so double check your technique....

I have had 2 1960's  that have worked very well.  The 1963 (slightly improved design) was absolutely superior and could toss you against your seatbelt with ease.  The engineering is/was solid on them.

Some newer pads are made of inferior material, and may contribute to slushy, unresponsive feel.  There is a place back east that makes asbestos pads if you're interested, and you can skip redoing the master cylinder and lines in the process.  If not that, a semi-truck place may be able to fabricate pads that are of better material and bond them to your shoes...  Ask your local non-chain-store parts guy.  Napa seems to have more creativity than their competitors, they would be the first chain I'd go see if it came to that.

Check the archives on the fuel sender.  I think that I recall someone having a modern Ford (dealership) part that interchanges, but I could be mistaken.

If you don't have the service info already, this may help:
http://imperialclub.com/Repair/Lit/Master/138/index.htm
http://imperialclub.com/Yr/1960/FSM/html/05-001.htm

-Kenyon

David Sukonick <bolo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

My fuel gage only makes it up halfway. If anyone has one of these lying around please let me know.  Just another part in an endless restoration.  I'm not really happy with the brakes in this thing.  Does anyone also know of someone in the Los Angeles area that is familiar with doing a disc brake conversion?

Happy holidays to All

David Sukonick

Kenyon Wills
San Lorenzo/SF Bay Area