Vibration Problem, Delta Durasteels, and Peerless

Vibration Problem, Delta Durasteels, and Peerless

For the most part, I haven't had any vibration problems with any of the brands
of tires that I have bought. The vibration problems that I have had come from a
wheel problem, balancing problem, or mismatched radials on the same end of the
car.

The most baffling problem was when I bought an off brand tire to replace one of
a set of Delta Durasteel's (another extinct brand of Wide White Wall Radial). I
had let a tire go flat on a car that was in storage, and when I re-inflated it,
and drove the car, the tire ruptured. The brand was no longer available so the
tire store sold me a similar tire called Peerless (yet another defunct brand of
wide white wall) but it had a different tread design. When it was on the front
of the car it made the whole car shake at various speeds, even though it was in
balance and did not have any internal damage. I finally bought a second
Peerless Tire and put it on the front also so the each of the front tires
matched each other (the same with those in the rear, which were still Delta
Durasteels), and the vibration went away.

There is no end to the fascinating stories that we can tell about tire
adventures. What an interesting thread!

Paul