Don't Know My Rear from a ?????

Hi all,

I've got the wheels and driveshaft off of my Imperial.......and I thought it might be kind of nice to know what gears are in the carrier.     It's an 8 3/4", and it's an open differential, since one drum turns the opposite direction of the other when I give either of them a spin.

 I'm familiar how to check wheel-to-driveshaft ratio on a sure-grip, but I'm clueless on an open rear end.   And, there's no tag attached displaying the ring and pinion ratio either.    Does anyone know what the trick is to check an open rear end for ratio?

Much obliged in advance!!

Chris
60 Crown 4dr Sedan
57 Plymouth 2dr HT