red vert

I do not know where the car is today, but the last time that I saw it was in
Jeff Carter's driveway. That was about three years ago. Prior to that I had
seen it on the road around Seattle quite often. I believe that it is still in
the Seattle area.

I have been aquainted with this car since it belonged to a man named Cliff
Lavender in the late 1970's. He had purchased it through an ad in the paper.
After that it went through a series of owners. I seem to remember that the
seats were originally white leather, but I could be wrong about that. Shortly
after Cliff passed away, I saw the car at a local upholstery shop called Durham
Auto Upolstery in the middle 1980's where the seats (and I believe the dorr
panels also) were redone in naugahide.

In the middle 1990's the car appeared in a few local parades in Seattle before
I discovered that Jeff Carter and J.C. Auto had a hand in some of the recent
work that has been done to the car. That part of the story is outlined on the
page in the Website.

It started out as a pretty good original car, but needed a lot of body work and
upolstery. It also had numerous electrical problems that I believe have been
long since resolved.

Paul