The Alphabet Soup of Designations

Dear Chris,

Thanks for that clarification.  I thought the terms "A body," etc. were
something that magazine writers or enthusiasts came up with because I
personally have never seen any reference to these terms in any factory
issued literature.  But I assume you are right.  Also, in one of my
books, forget which one, I thought I had seen "C = Chrysler," but maybe
that is just coincidence, since, like you say, a Dodge is also a C.

ANYWAY . . . you say one thing that I'm not too sure about.  Yes,
Imperial was both a brand and a carline, but aren't there different
models within the Imperial carline?

Wouldn't the LeBaron and Crown be considered different models?  Yes,
they are different trim levels too, but they have different names on
'em . . .  I've always thought I had an Imperial (carline/brand) Crown
(model) convertible (bodystyle).  Yes?  No?

Thoughtful people want to know.  :)

MM