high pressure carwash & Imperial paint

I just wanted to say that the damage that Roger experienced is not all
that uncommon, and it's not always the dummy at the carwash-- sometimes
it's the dunny who owns the car.

I did the same thing to one of my newer cars, trying to use the "lazy
man's way out" and chisel off some accumulated grime on my car.  Those
high pressure wands or whatever you call 'em can be very powerful at
some carwashes.  DON'T get them too close to the paint-- especially if
you have basecoat/clearcoat and live in the southeast or southwest.  I
was told by one paint & body guy that the sun damages and dries the
clearcoat, and if you hit it at the right angle with high pressure--
fooosh!  Off comes a patch of paint.

I realize some folks are tired of this thread but I hope this will
spare some other Imperial owners in the future.

Mark