insurance companies

Dear MM,

We avoid property damage claims (on auto cases) because the client is never
satisfied.  There is very little money to be had. If a person has $10,000
damage to their car and you get them $10,000 and then take only 15%, the
client gets $8,500 and is upset to be out of pocket $1,500.  We'll take them
if we have an injury case or for a friend or longstanding client as a
courtesy.

If the original poster is not satisfied he shouldn't accept the first offer,
I was just making sure he goes into this with his eyes open before he ends
up spending more money trying to hire an attorney, even though I would like
everyone to hire an attorney.  Generally the insurance company will low-ball
you, so it's good to see they have admitted liability and now he simply has
to prove the value of the repair.

Rob

>From: Mark McDonald <tomswift@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>Dear Rob P,
>
>You're right, looking at that again $1200 does seem like a decent first
>offer.  I think I was reacting more to the dissatisfaction that the owner
>of the car seemed to feel.
>
>I'm curious, why won't you touch a property damage claim?
>
>MM

Set yourself up for fun at home!  Get tips on home entertainment equipment,
video game reviews, and more here.
http://special.msn.com/home/homeent.armx