Sent: Wednesday, November 19, 2003 10:01 AM
To: mailing-list@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: IML: need ABS part for a 1990 Imperial

Matt-

Your 1990 Imperial has either a Bosch or Bendix ABS unit on it. Bosch was
used for about the first six months of the production run in 1990.

If yours has Bosch, I can tell you with absolute certainty that no reman
units are available and you must buy a new one from a Mopar dealer. The
cheapest I found was $1100.00.

If yours is Bendix, parts are plentiful and much less expensive. At one
time, Chrysler extended the warranty on Bendix ABS units to 100,000
miles...there's lots of info on the allpar.com website.

Finally, it raises a question in my mind that a $1500 collision would
penetrate the car deeply enough to damage the ABS unit. Low brake fluid will
set off the warning lights. Also, check the manual for trouble codes which
you can display via a blinking brake warning light. What symptoms does the
unit display besides the warning lights?

Phil Brust
Jefferson GA
73 & 82 Imperial