Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2003 11:35 PM
Subject: Re: IML: Parts Cars

It always comes to economics, supply and demand.  Yards will keep these cars as long as folks like us have a demand for the parts.  Folks like us will always want to buy the best car we can for as little as possible, to have a trouble free ownership experience and to pay as little as possible for parts and labor when we are obliged to get some.  It seems to me that Imperialists will always be sorely disappointed if money is a major determining factor in their decision making.  The cars are old and complex.  Finding mechanics willing to work on them is a challenge in and of itself.  Finding parts requires a technology as far reaching as the internet to make it remotely feasible.

For all the problems I have with my era of car, I'd rather have it than a car with Budd brakes, not that the brakes on my car have been a picnic, come to think of it.  I refuse to be defensive to anyone about my choice.  When it comes right down to it, I really don't care if you agree with my choice or not.  I try not to criticize other people for their choices.  Only a fool complains about someone who is having more fun than he is.

Hugh