Sent: Thursday, November 06, 2003 12:34 PM
Subject: IML: Thumbs Up for two 1955 Imperial Products

Two items that I received recently and rate thumbs up:

1) A 1955 imperial model from Signature (purchased on e-bay) as compared to a Danbury Mint 1957 Chrysler 300C that I had:

Items that are equivalent:
- Both cars are die cast
- High quality paint finish
- Good "fit and finish"
- All chrome parts are chrome
- Good attention to detail, including emblems and scripts
- Doors, hood and trunk opens
- High level of interior detail include dash, pedals, door interiors, seats and etc.
- Engine compartment and underside highly detailed
- Steering wheel turns front wheels

Items that are different:
- Scale 1:24 Danbury Mint Chrysler 300; 1:18 Signature Imperial
- Cost $130. Danbury Mint Chrysler 300; $35. Signature Imperial

Thumbs up to the Signature 1955 Imperial

2) New door sills from "Doorsills"
My 1955 looks great in most respects (a strong #3) except for corroded door sills.  I have just received hand made door sills from "Doorsills" in NJ and they look great.  As it took 7 months to process my order because of the high level of orders and attention to detail anyone wanting new door sills for next spring need to order now.
Thumbs up to Doorsills.