Auto Temp II buzzing......

--- Mark Blitman <fedsales@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> zack..i get a similar sound but i have always
> attributed it to the fan when it runs at middle or
> slow speed and makes a noise..does your a/c cut out
> on acceleration? mine does and i have not been able
> to locate the cause...

The buzzing may well be a leaf or other piece of
"stuff" in the fan housing.

If your system cuts off under acceleration, there is
either a vacuum leak (which can be anywhere in the
car's vacuum system) or a bad check valve.  The shop
manual provides good instructions for testing the
check valves for leaks.

Elijah
1965 Imperial LeBaron
1970 Imperial LeBaron (AutoTemp)