Blueberry Suggestion

--- Henry Hopkins <hhrp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Contact area Junior colleges or High schools. Are
> there auto mechanics classes there?

Henry makes an EXCELLENT suggestion here.  I work at a
technical community college which has a strong
automotive technology program.

Most community/junior colleges with auto body and
repair programs will gladly work on your car either
for free or for a minimal hourly charge, plus the cost
of parts.  The students learn this way, and they are
always CLOSELY supervised by an experience instructor.
 The same is true for body and paint work, where you
pretty much provide the supplies and the students do
the work.

And if you're interested in learning to do your own
work, talk to the instructor and sign up for a class
or two.  The instructor will usually allow you to
bring in YOUR car for hands-on instruction.  This is a
great way to learn to be your own mechanic and/or body
man.

Elijah