Money, logic and Mrs. Blueberry

This unexpected thread has been quite touching.  However, what we are really
talking about is money.  I am a poor man in a rich man's hobby.  In
addition, I am middle aged, so do not have the free time of either youth or
old age.  So, Mrs. Blueberry needs a ring job.  She will probably get a
bunch more stuff done.  You may be sure she will get a new spin on oil
filter.  It is the oil leaks that are most pressing.

I won't be able to take her out on long hauls for a while.  I will need to
get an engine hoist and arrange to be allowed to occupy a large amount of
space at the museum.  The good news is that Mrs. Blueberry really is a car
that engenders affection from people.  I am hoping some friends from the
Mopar club will help out when needed.  I'd love to do the transmission
myself, with help, as well.  I'm delighted to say that most folks in my
local club want to see it kept running.

Many of these people have two cars.  Their show car and their go car.  One
is for shows, obviously, but the other is for fun.  This is not a one
dimensional hobby.  I know of people who like buying basket cases and then
working on them to bring them back to their former glory.  Once the project
is done they lose interest and can't wait to unload it for another old
wreck.  Then there are others who, when you visit them, proudly show you all
their trophies.  I won this with such and such a car, and this one for
another.  The getting of trophies is their aim and they buy and sell cars
quite quickly in order to be able to campaign yet another one.  There are
other types as well, in between these extremes.  I know one guy who likes
cars from 1971.  The make, the body style, etc, doesn't matter so much as
when it was built.

Its all good and everyone's having fun.  This Imperial, my Imperial, which
isn't even really mine, except it really is, is my responsibility for the
long haul.  I'm confident that my present income woes will resolve.  I am
also confident that with sufficient applied effort on my part, the help of
friends and the generous advice I need only ask for from this fine group, my
1958 will end up better than it has ever been since I have had it.

Gosh, but I'll hate to see those stickers go.

Hugh