Not such a great day

I had written a rather lengthy reply to Hugh's post, but it never appeared on the list for some reason. I empathize with you Hugh. I am also on a tight budget with my Imperial at this point, and after spending an amount of money I would have expected to pay for a transmission rebuild, for a tune up and to fix the leaking power steering box the cookie jar is beyond drained. I do not intend to do anything with the car until some time after the holidays, so my Imperial will be relegated to trips around my condo complex, or down the hill to the grocery store. I will detach the brake booster hose and see if the engine runs smoother which I am fairly sure it will, and then hopefully detach the booster and take it to upland for a rebuild. I sometimes tell myself that I should have bought that fully restored '59 that was on the net for $20,000, since I will probably spend more than that getting my car to showroom condition, but at least I will have the satisfaction of eventually putting another '59 back on the road which will dazzle everyone like they did back then. I read Mel's posts about his restoration of his '59, and think about what fun he must be having at this point, and it makes me very happy to know there will soon be another beautifully restored Imperial out there again for all to enjoy. Until my Imperial day comes along, I will continue to browse through my paint chips, and decide what the best color will be, and look at interior pictures and decide what will be the best fabric and color to use, and I will continue to collect needed parts. Who knows what tomorrow will bring, and as Doris Day, who was in Imperials in her movies, and probably drove one in real life, sings, "Que sera sera, whatever will be will be," I just keep looking forward, or should I say I have the forward look!

Bill '59 Crown