My '59 is back home

Well, after another soaking today, and I would not say a soaking, but rather a full on dunk, I got my baby back home again. This time I have vowed to never go back to that mechanic. After rebuilding supposedly the power steering box, giving it a tune up with new plugs and wires, rodding out the radiator, I got my car back with practically no brakes, and running slightly better than it did when I brought it in, and all for the meager price of $1,300.00! Parts were not the issue, but $855.00 for labor seemed a bit much. I got a copy of the compression test, and it is two cylinders next to each other which are weak, number 4, and 6. I have copied the mail from Richard about Karp's in Upland, California who rebuilds the boosters, and have decided this should be my next plan of attack. Question is: is the booster very hard to remove? I hate playing around with the brakes, since I have always liked my cars to stop when I wanted them to.

Bill '59 Crown