Wildcat Wrecking, '62 Coupe, and Auto E-brake Release

Wildcat Wrecking, '62 Coupe, and Auto E-brake Release

Howdy Michael,
Wildcat Wrecking had a really nice '73 Imperial Coupe that I had my eye on.
Someone bid more than I and they got a fine turquoise/white/white leather
coupe, I hear it went to Canada. I can sympathize with your loss.

That '62 Custom Coupe down in the Dallas, OR, area is pretty rough, and nary
an option on it. Manual windows and manual seat, no a/c, but it did come
with lots of aftermarket rust  ;-)
It was worth seeing but I lost interest when I saw the amount of work it
needed. The parents of the owner seemed willing to negotiate the price. The
car seemed to have a number of good parts still on it and would make for a
good parts car if nothing else.

If your e-brake release is vacuum, and it's partially working, other vacuum
leaks could cause it not to always release. My '72 Newport had a lot of
vacuum leaks w/the 30 year old rubber hoses and carb mount/gasket.

Eric Ruud, Portland, OR
'63 Crown Four-Door
'72 Newport Custom Sedan

>From: "mENTAL mAN" <collyman1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: IML: Weekend adventures and a question
>Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 21:14:07 +0000
<P>HI Everyone,</P>
<P>I've been trying to pick up another Imperial, and I've see two cars in
the past week.</P>
<P>One was a 1974 Imperial at WildCat Mountain Mopars