Two into one will go

Ernie,

Like we had to chant in grade school, two into one will go.  Well, almost.
May I suggest that you are not so quick to unload all the other stuff from
the Crown.  If storage of a complete car is an issue, you might consider
stripping it and storing the parts for your own use later.  A spare
windshield is a fine thing to have.  You could rent a storage unit or buy a
shed.  When I was first trying to reactivate my 58 after it had been idle
for around ten years, or more, it did not look or work that bad.  However,
in fairly fast succession, parts began to fail.  I took me four years to
find one in a scrap yard and when I did I took it for everything I thought I
could.  I have also been back since.  I personally rebuilt my window motors
even though at least one had been submerged in water trapped in the door for
years but, gosh, its nice to have a spare one now as well.  (The door never
did rust, I'm happy to say.)  Ironically, I found another 58 the very next
week, but that's life, isn't it.

Do both your Crown and the LeBaron share the same body style?  I hope so.
This can be more significant than you think.  The coupe and the sedan have a
different chassis from the four door hardtop and the convertible.  The
latter two have an additional 'X' shaped brace to keep them rigid.  This has
an effect on other parts.  I found this out the hard way when I had to
replace a rear transmission mount.  The only ones I could find came from
sedans.  You may only imagine how lovely it is to find something as obscure
as a 58 Imperial is split into two different categories.

Just a thought, sir.

Hugh