NYer with floor console

This is a question about a 1969 New Yorker so I nearly didn't send it,
but we talk about later NYers, so why not 1969s?

There is one on ebay right now that has a console and floor shifter.
The owner claims there were only two of these made.  Where can I verify
that statistic?

I have heard a lot of talk about Galen Govier (sp?).  Is his info
usually accurate?  Would he know the answer to this?

Thanks, Mark