Rust Spot

Attention 90's Imperial owners- there is an Imperial
specific rust trouble spot I found today for all 90's
Imperial owners to watch out for.

The front bumper (chrome part) is real, chromed steel,
only the chrome was only applied on the parts you see.
The underside (this piece is shaped like a bent "U"-
where you can see the outside of the curve of the U
and the side). is not.

The assembly I pulled had rust starting ALL over the
inside of this part. Though it hasn't gone through
yet, there is bad surface rust everywhere in that
section. Cleaning it out and painting it with an
anti-rust paint and then using some short of water
proof finish may be mission critical if you want to
keep that unique Imperial-specific part for many more
years to come.

Unfortunitly, to do this, you have to pull and
disassemble the bumper assembly, which is one real
PITA... but I'd imagine it would be several times
easier then finding a new Imperial front bumper
sometime 10+ years from now!!