News Update

Well, I picked up the Imperial front today. Was ~$215
(tax and all). I came with the grill, folding headlamp
assemblies, and the hood ordament.

This one is off a '93, and is a tan/gold color. I has
a few chips here and there (the beuty of plastic body
pannels!), but that doesn't matter as I must repaint
it anyway to get it to match my Dynasty's color.

Mounting wise, it's identical to the Dynasty nose
piece- two bolts on each side bolt it to the fender,
etc.

Width is a perfect match.

Hieght however is a slight difference.....

The Dynasty nose piece is about 8" from the top of the
front bumper to being level with the top of the
fender. This one is more like 10". The difference is
that the Imperial bumper is not as tall, and as a
result the nose piece makes up for this tallness. SO
one would require both the Imperial bumper and the
nose piece to get the front end on a Dynasty/similar
model.

So now my part hunting has been brought down to the
Imperial front bumper, the gold "IMPERIAL" logos (one
for each front door, one for the trunklid, and a
smaller one for the driver's front headlamp assembly),
and the EVIC (digital overhead console- none were
locally found at the moment).

So needless to say I'm getting there! Tomorrow I will
start hunting for a bumper, the logos, evic, etc and
see if I can't get some more. I'd really love to get
the front end finished off before the end of this
summer.... may even put my blower plans on hold to do
so:)

I may also track down a new trunk lock assembly and
grab an Imperial one from the dealer... drill out the
old one (mine has the cover ripped off it anyway) and
put the Imperial one on.

This way- back of the car would look like a Dynasty
(even says DODGE in the red center piece by the tail
lights). The trunk lid will have the Imperial lock and
the Imperial gold logo. Sides will be OEM Dynasty
except the two gold Imperial door logos. Front will be
Dynasty until the fenders/hood. That's where the
Imperial front end bolts on.

If the folding headlight assemblies prove bad (common
for those things to ware out... Daytona owners can
relate to that pain!) I may keep them shut and throw
on some bright fog lights to use as headlights.

The Interior is now almost finished. Digital dash is
in but needs some tweaking. EVIC will be added when I
get the assembly. Auto dim mirror waiting to go in...
as soon as I finish my MS and stick A604 designs, I
will be throwing my centre console in and cut the
bench seats into buckets.... also might get some black
dye to follow through with that two tone dash color
idea I got a year or two back.

Progress tis is. Just hope I can finish the body at
least by summer's end.. even if it means the blower
waits till winter or spring!

So keep your eyes open you all when in yards for the
front bumper, logos, and the '92 (must be '92) EVIC
system!!!

Was a good day indeed:)

BTW- it looks like the Imperial front end and Dynasty
front end have about the same mass, though the
Imperial one is more aerodynamically correct, so that
means the Imperial one is better performance wise too
(for those who might be interested).