Replace Vacuum Valve

Even though I pretty much had the ATC repaired enough to pass safety, there
was one nagging issue. There never seemed to be enough vacuum present at the
Master Switch to turn the system on. I had planned to bypass this because
the only effect seemed to be that the blower would never turn off but would
rather stay on low when you shut off the system. Well, I got playing with it
again tonight and I noticed the little valve that is mounted near the Fresh
Air/Recirulated Air mode door. This is on the extreme right end of the ATC
unit.

I noticed that the valve plunger wasn't springing up the way it should.
Fortunately, I had two spares :-) I simply changed the valve and the ATC now
works perfectly! The refrigerant is low so there is no cooling but that was
expected.

http://www.nybclub.org/membercars/bradhogg/76NYB/atc.htm