vapor lock suggestions?

Put an amp meter on the stater line and see if it
draws more when engine is hot then cold. Oil leaks in
valve covers can cause starter problems. If you have a
440 they were notorious for this.  Exhaust manifold
would cook the out side of the cork gasket. They make
a heat proof valve cover gasket for the 440 now.  I
had to do this with my winni-baggle.  I fixed the
gasket and rebuilt the starter and didn't have any
more problems with it. RC --- Christopher Hoffman
<imperial67@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote: > Jason,