Manuel reclining Mechanism on 64-66 Imperial.

Manuel reclining Mechanism on 64-66 Imperial.

Seats out getting re-done and I am trying to fix the passenger side manuel
reclining mechanism that is located at lower right seatback. The cable and
lever is there and it is supposed to activate what looks like a small
shock or piston. I can't get the seatback to release and the piston
doesn't seem to operate. Can this be replaced ?? Does anyone know what I'm
talking about and how do I troubleshoot it ?? Like I said the release
handle and cable are operating but where it connects to the piston in the
rear of seatback nothing is happening. I will have the seat out till at
least the end of June so any suggestions/ help would be appreciated. I
think I have to replace the piston and if I do, any idea where to look for
such an item ?? ( I don't want the whole seat).