does the transmission only move in reverse or start in reverse

does the transmission only move in reverse or start in reverse

Before this thread gets any uglier, since it seems to have peaked at getting
dumber, which of the following questions is the correct one?

Does the transmission only MOVE in reverse?

Does the transmission only START in reverse?

It would seem that the mechanism for starting the engine , while it may be
interlinked thru various means of switches and linkages, would be slightly
different from the system that would allow the transmission to operate in a
particular gear!!

IF...if mind you..my car only moved in reverse, the system of getting the
car started would not be my  main area of concern in troubleshooting the
problem - unless the same mechanism that positioned the neutral safety
switch also positioned the shift selection linkage.

Mikey
62 Crown Coupe