An oily question

On the oil for older cars Question, I have never owned a newer car, and
never will ( could not afford one if I wanted it anyway )  so I have driven
a lot of miles in the likes of 58/59 Desoto's etc, and here in Australia
where we do not have to worry about Freezing, I always have found a straight
50 Grade oil suites these old girls the best. I have even done my far share
of Drag racing ( on a Drag Strip ) with 361,383,413 Motors so I sure have
tryed to stress them to the max, and it has been the straight 50 grade that
has held them together.
Now to take it one step further I am now a firm beliver in some of the oil
aditives now available, I use slick 50, it is very expensive, but it does
work. Three years ago I changed the oil in my 71 318V8 Valiant Wagon and
added the Slick 50, since then I have NEVER changed the oil, and as it has a
leak, I only buy the cheapest/nasteyest oil form KMart etc, this stuff is so
thin it is a wonder it does not evaperate in the Can! and let me tell you I
give that old 318 a Hard time! it still runs quite and blows NO smoke, so I
am a beliver. Just one mans humble opinon from Down Under, regards George.