tire run-out

I'm having some wheel balance issues and decided to check tire run-out on my
82.

One tire had over 50 thousands variance. The shop manual discusses tests to
determine whether the variance is wheel or tire related but doesn't discuss
the balance issue specifically.

At what point can run-out variance not be overcome with balancing? Or, is
run-out a separate issue and unrelated to balance?

Phil Brust
Jefferson GA
73 & 82 Imperial