Question on Starter Relay

Hi IMLers;

As you probably recall, I had a fire in my 61 Imperial about 2 weeks ago. I
was able to go out to
the salvage yard this past week and pull a wiring harness out of a mid 60's
Chrysler and got everything
all back together. I put a new Starter relay in the car and everything is
hooked up. I haven't tried it
out yet because I have one final question before I do. At the bottom of the
relay is the positive
cable. Just above this cable is a screw terminal that had a small, flat,
square plate. With the wire
installed under the screw, this plate touches the installed positive cable.
I took this plate off and
now it doesn't touch the positive cable. Is this supposed to touch or not? I
don't want to have a
dead short and have another fire again.

Any information about this would be greatly appreciated..

                                                     Sincerely,

                                             John & Shirley Nimmo

                               1961 Imperial almost back and running again!