More Floor Repair

This weekend I continued with welding up the floor. I'd already welded in
the lower layer of floor material so I began welding in the upper layer of
material. This was a slow process as I had to tie in a number of different
areas and also lay down a few small patches here and there where needed.

When that was done, I started on the left rear passenger area. I decided to
use just stock material for the floor as good floor pans were proving hard
to come by and expensive if I could find them at all. I also decided to not
cut out the remaining material but rather to weld the new material to the
original. I applied the floor pan patch in two parts so I could weld the
edge of one part to the floor and then weld the edge of the second part to
first part of the patch. This seemed to work great and I think it will help
to stabilize the floor from vibrating and "oil-can"ing. These pictures show
some welds missing. They were taken after I had the patches all tacked in
and not fully welded in place.

I then tackled the driver's area. Same theory, same procedure.

I've nearly used up the remaining metal from the T&C hood. I am regretting
not cutting the entire top out of that car before I scrapped it. The top of
a T&C has got to have a 4'x 10' area of fairly flat body material.

http://www.nybclub.org/membercars/bradhogg/76NYB/index.htm#floor