68, R134 conversion

Not having fixed my AC in my car yet (I'm in Los Angeles, it doesn't get hot
enough to use it) I've perused the web for a low-cost option for R134 etc.

R12 has the disadvantage of being banned (something about ozone depleting)
and expensive. R134 has the disadvantage of being inefficient and toxic.  It
appears tht the HC-12a is the best solution, it's a hydrocarbon blend which
is more efficient, cheaper and non-toxic. The higher efficiency means that
you need to use LESS of it to aquire the same results, this translates to
lower cost.
It also requires no retrofitting of seals and hoses so it's a straight
dropin replacement.

Carl
http://www.robdiesel.com