Horrors! A Crack!!

One of the nicest things about my '71 is the interior, which is in very
good condition.  Up until a few days ago the steering wheel was
absolutely flawless (if you overlook the dried up rimblow ring).  Well,
today for the first time I noticed a small hairline crack beginning in
the rim.

How do I stop this?  The car is garaged.  Is there anything I can do now
to prevent it from getting worse?

Yeah, I know.  Probably not!

MM