Heat soak & my starter motor

Quoting kenyon wills <imperialist60@xxxxxxxxx>:

> I replaced the starter in my 1973 with a chain parts-store "heavy duty"
> unit.  -Lifetime warranty!

K:  I have a similar symptom in my 68 Sedan.  However, this car seems to have a
relatively wild cam in it, while the distributor advance curve is standard.  As
a result, I have advanced the heck out of it to get maximum performance, so the
tiiming at low speeds is very high (over 20 B TDC).  In my case, I think the
hestitation when real hot is related to the timing (as well as the other
facrots, like high temperature increasing the resistance of the coils and
limiting the current).  Try retarding the timing and see if that helps the
situation.  Of course, that contradicts my previous statement regarding fuels.
As for my Sedan, it will get started super hot, eventually.

D^2