81-83 EFi Spark plugs

Hello all,
I am ready to change out the plugs on my 83 EFI. I bought RN12YC Champions
to put in it (that is what it says in my FSM and on the rad support), but I
found on imperialclub.com that someone recommended RN14LY plugs. I tried to
search the archives, as I am sure this has been covered hundreds of times
before, but it keeps crashing my browser. Should I ditch the RN12YC's and go
with the 14YL? What is the difference? I am not looking to open up a debate
of which brand is better, I have my reasons for using Champs, I just want to
get the best one. Any suggestions on gapping? 0.048? The car is running
better with every mile I put on it for some reason, and I am enjoying the
car more than I thought I would. Thanks for the input.
William
83 EFI
Edmonton, Canada