removing dash pieces on a '66

I can't figure this one out my own, hopefully someone's done it.  I'm trying
to remove the dash pad and the left most dash trim piece (the one
immediately to the left of the instrument cluster with the wood on it) on my
'66 convertible.  I removed the 6 screws that hold the dash pad piece on but
it looks like I also have to remove that trim piece on the left to set it
free.  It has to come out anyway to be re-woodgrained.  How do I gain access
to the screws that I know must be in the back and how the heck does it come
out??  The right one was pretty easy once the glove box frame was removed.
Help appreciated, I'm stuck!

Tom

'66 Crown Convertible
'42 DeSoto Custom