67 Imp

Hi group,
  I took a look at the 67 Imperial that Mark had mentioned last week in San
Leandro, Calif. It is in fact a LeBaron, not a coupe. Anyway, the owner is very
anxious to sell, currently asking $1500 but I would bet he will take less. He
did start the car for me, it sounded quiet, he said he didn't want to run it
very long, as it was just about out of gas and he could not afford to put any
more in apparently.
  The car needs help cosmetically. Body actually very decent, but the biggest
problem is rust underneath the vinyl top and below the rear window. Fixable for
sure for the ambitious among us. Interior fair, front seat would need
rebuilding. An aftermarket turn signal switch has been added, and not very
nicely. Those are the main problems that I could see. Again, I did not drive
it, so there might be more issues. Currently registered, I believe he had the
brake master cylinder replaced. Some vacuum leaks under the dash. Tires good.
Glass good. Not sure if all the windows or seats work. Lots of cigarette butts
in the ashtray.
  I would consider the car, but just purchased a 67 Thunderbird 4Door Landau
which will keep me busy for awhile. If anyone is further interested, I can pass
on his phone number either thru the list or privately. Also, I would be willing
to check things further if someone is serious.

  Thomas Gunnari
  59,63,65 Imps