In a jamb - paint question

My car is completely apart.

I have rounded third and am headed for home on the free-form body-filler
sculpture portion of my project (you have no idea what I've been through).
 I'm almost ready to prime and then block the car in preparation for
painting in (maybe) May or June.

I'm thinking of doing a painting test run on the hood, trunklid, or doors,
or all of them while off the car (as they are now).  This due to the fact
that I will be using a borrowed HVLP system with marginal spraying
experience, and I'd rather sand down and redo a hood or door than the
entire body shell if/when I see an error in my procedure.

Say that I paint the doors and the hinges seperately, then everything's
subsequently dry and ready for assembly.  I then have to attach them to
the car with bolts that won't be already painted to match, or bolts whose
finish will not survive my wrench if pre-painted and then wrenched on.

What do I do?

1.  Paint the various fastener heads by hand once the painted door is hung
on the painted car & relevant brackets/bolts are joined and aligned?

2.  Respray the fastener areas surrounding the bolts and including them?
What to do then?  Mask off everything but the hinge and try to avoid
overspray that way, shooting as small an area I can and then color sanding
the masked edges to blend them into the previously painted areas?

3.  Something else that I'm not thinking of?

The car will be painted black, most likely in clear-coat by the way.

---

Anyway, things must be coming along.   I'm through the worst parts.
I started seriously jonesing to drive the car today when I got done
working on it.

Spring fever's tough when all you've got is a stripped body shell, body
filler fume dreams, and nice weather.

=====
Kenyon Wills
San Lorenzo/SF Bay Area

196o Imperial LeBaron - America's Most Carefully Built Car
http://www.imperialclub.com/YearbyYear/1960/Kenyon/Page01.htm
1973 Imperial LeBaron - Long Low & Luxurious
http://www.imperialclub.com/YearbyYear/1973/wills/