Carter troubles on a '67

The starter problem might be the contacts inside the solenoid inside the
starter.  NAPA used to sell a kit to replace the contacts.  It might also
be fried cables.  Sometimes old cables get overheated and they don't
conduct well.

The engine may just be flooded.  If you are sure you have spark and that
its timed right, I'd let it sit a day or two so any excess fuel
evaporates from the cylinders and the spark plugs while I troubleshoot
the starter.  Then I'd give it a quick shot of starting fluid and no
choke.  If a non-flooded engine won't at least try to fire on instant
start, there is a problem besides the carb.

Best of luck

Only $9.95 per month!
Visit www.juno.com