Holley or Carter

In a message dated 3/18/2003 8:21:24 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mailing-list-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Hello from california!
> My 68 Crown currently has a Holley 4 Bbl on it. Everything looks like
> it's connected correctly. Was this carb available on a 68
> Imperial or
> was the Carter replaced sometime in it's life?
> Don Savard

Don,
To answer your question, your Imperial could have come from the factory with
either the Carter or the Holley.  I know of cars that were built with either
unit.  Others on the list may have a better/technical build knowledge of how
Chrysler decided what cars received which carberator.

My 68 also has the courtesy lamp on the drivers armrest.  It has a blue/green
shade to it.  Throws a nice amount of soft light across the armrest to
illuminate the power window switches.  You have to love the little details
experienced in an Imperial!

Dale
68 Crown Coupe
60 New Yorkers
71 New Yorker (no lighted window switches)
79 New Yorker