From: Leslie
Sent: Sunday, March 09, 2003 6:03 PM
To: Multiple recipients of list mailing-list
Subject: IML: Please Welcome a New Member Douglas Swan (1973)

New Subscriber(s): M. Douglas Swan
Email Address is: capropertiesink@xxxxxxxxx
Member Location: Concord California 94519

Car(s) owned: I recently found a pristine 1973 Imperial Labaron, 4 Door,
yellow/tan with yellow tan leather interior and 105K miles on the odometer.

Self-Introduction: I'm a 63yo realtor in Northern California and my Imperial
seems to be the perfect real estate car.  I found it by shear accident, when
I went to an impound yard to bail out a friends car, there it stood.  It
seemed the original owner who had it for 30 years and drove it only 105k
miles, had died and the wife could not drive it anymore and donated it to a
charity.  It sat for several months in a tow yard until I happened to run
across it and bought it immediately. ($2000.00)  I'm going thru it right now
and fixing minor stuff.  The most puzzling of all is the "heater control
valve" a large device with lots of thin hoses going into it, lots of wires
and large hoses coming out going to the water pump area.  Nobody seems to
have a replacement part and I'm now trying to repair the original one that
has a cracked housing and leaks.  Have any suggestions?