Re (2): IML: spark plug recommendations

Michael (and the list),

Sometimes anecdotal evidence, especially in large enough quantity, means more
than technical data. I'm an ex-engineer, but I believe in instinct, too. So
when an honest mechanic (how many of those are there?) shared with me his
personal findings from 30+ years of working on all kinds of cars, I had to
listen up. Lo and behold, it worked. And then I come to find through the IML
that I'm only one of many who feel the same way about Autolites as mechanic
Gene did, and now I do.

Every automaker's engines have different characteristics, from those more
common to the brand to those totally peculiar to the engine in a single car.
The brand characteristics for Mopar engines seem to have a good compatibility
with the brand characteristics of Autolite plugs. I have never taken the time
to explore why. I just know I found a good, and real, solution to some common
Mopar problems.

If you read the technical specs to most engines, and even entire cars, from the
1950s and 60s, they all sound about the same on paper. So why do we choose
Chrysler products? Because details run deep, and they work together to form
something greater than the sum of the individual parts. A great orchestra might
have no standout players, and all the world's best soloists might not make the
best orchestra... or they might. All depends on the synergy.

And in case you were wondering why I suspected you were personally offended,
you did start your reply with "Bah humbug!" Sounded to me like you were having
a pretty bad day, and I didn't want to think I caused it!  :)

Happy Imperialing,
Chris