Blowing fuse no 6, 82 imp

I don't think there is any easy way to track these down.  Search your memory
for any of these functions that are physically located near where you have
done work recently (maybe a wire is touching something it shouldn't).  None?

OK, then, search your memory for any of these functions that are physically
near things that move (door and hood hinges, for instance).  None?

OK, then, unplug the harness which feeds down the left side of the car to
see if the short clears (it's behind the kick panel on the left "A" pillar).
No help?

OK, then, now you need to get serious:

This is how you get serious - - - -
Get a device used by pro shops that track down this sort of thing.  These
things can sniff out current flowing, even at very low levels.  One installs
a transmitter in place of the fuse, which allows a low level signal to flow
without damage, then sniffs the harness with this device - it will lead you
to the short like a bloodhound.   I've seen this device in operation, and it
is fantastic!   The unit I have seen is the Leitenberger KSD 01.

   Unfortunately, it is rather expensive - about 215 Euros, as I recall.
For information, go to the Leitenberger GMBH web site at
http://www.leitenberger.de/atg_e/electric/short_circuit_detector.htm

Neil - your shop should have one of these!

Dick Benjamin