60 imperial paint/brining back a shine

There is also a product made by 3M called scratch and swirl remover. I haven't used it on my Imperial yet, since I am still touching up some spots with paint, so I haven't used anything stronger than polish at this point. I have used it about every two years on my Nissan which is peal black, and a very hard color to maintain, and it always brings back the finish to a deep mirror like luster. The only problem is you have to apply it in rather small sections no larger than two feet by two feet. It goes on wet, than turns to a haze, and you keep rubbing it and it turns liquid again, and then rubs off. I do it by hand on the Nissan, but would not recommend this method on an Imperial unless you've got a few days!
Bill '59 Crown