Jefferson Assembly Plant

Hugh & Therese (hugtrees@xxxxxxxx) wrote:
> Is the Jefferson plant still in operation?

Yes and no. The actual plant that produced our Imperials and NYBs was
demolished in the late 1980s (or early 1990s) to make way for the new
Jefferson North, which has produced Jeep Grand Cherokees since 1992.

So all told, I've owned five cars that came out of Jefferson spanning 35
years: my '67 Imperial, '78 NYB, '93 Grand Wagoneer, '00 Grand Cherokee and
'01 Grand Cherokee.

I'm sure there are others on the IML who have more Jefferson cars or ones
spanning a longer era. And I have to admit I get a twinge of nostalgia every
time I drive past the plant when I'm in Detroit...

Chris in LA