Leather Option/ 60 Crown Sedan

Hi Tony & All:

Iteresting question!  The February, 1997 issue of the
WPC News (Chrysler Product Restorers Club Newsletter)
contains a re-print of what seems to be an eight-page
'Press Info Kit' on the 'new' 1960 Imperial.  It
includes a chart showing the available Interior Trims
for each model.

It indicates that the ribbed cloth with leather
bolseters was a no-cost (std.) option for the Crown
sedan.  All-leather upholstry was an extra-cost option
for the Crown Sedan.  So EITHER would be 'correct' for
your car.  Wool broadcloth was, as I understand this
chart (please, somebody correct me if I'm wrong...),
unavailable on Crown models - reserved for the Le
Baron models.  It also states that a 'cloth' headliner
was standard on Crown and Custom 4dr Sedans (as
opposed to perforated vinyl on hardtops, and suede or
perforated suede (respectively) on Le Baron sedans and
hardtops.

Then again, there were mid-year changes, as Chrysler
was wont to do!  For example, the chart shows that
full-leather was unavailable on Le Baron's at first
(but it was added as an option later in the model
year...).  Also, correct me if I'm wrong, all CROWN
models ordered with full-leather came in the Le
Baron's 'biscut'/oblong-rectangle pattern (it appears
leather was not available on Custom's).

Now that I've dug this item out, I'll scan it at work
tomorrow and send it on to the IML!  Hope it helps.
It also has some good photos, and lists various cool
sounding 'Accessory Groups', ie: "Basic Group";
"Convenience Group"; "Executive Special Group"
(swivels/flight-sweep/door locks); and the "Road
Command Group" (Sure-Grip/Beam-Changer/Auto-
Pilot/Mirror-Matic).

Sincerely,
Jim Byers
60 Le Baron Southampton